Alternatively, fill in this form to request an appointment time.
LDC Doctors are able to provide a full range of diving medicals and assessments.
Divers seeking dive medicals will be advised of the Doctor available.
LDC doctors are Appointed Medical Examiners of Divers (AMEDs) under the Diving At Work Regulations 1997.
LDC doctors are UKSDMC medical referees.
- HSE dive medicals for commercial and PADI divers from DM to Instructor
- Fit to dive medicals if a YES box has been ticked on a pre-diving medical form
- Fit to dive medicals if a YES box has been ticked on a self-certification BSAC medical form
- Fit to dive medical for Malta/Gozo/Spain
- Fit to return to diving after treatment for DCI
- AS4005.1 for diving in Australia
- Fitness to dive, if there is a medical problem e.g. asthma
- Any problem from equalising to "before I pay for a course am I fit enough?"
- Specialised medicals for freedivers and technical divers
Open Water Medical
This is the most basic dive medical available and is for anyone who needs the medical declaration signing off by a doctor before taking part in the Open Water or Advanced Open Water dive course, and who has no medical contraindications that they are aware of.
For anyone planning on diving in the above three countries, regardless of experience or medical condition.
Both of the above medicals include:
- Full physical examination
- Lung function tests
- Blood pressure
Fit to Dive
For those taking up diving who have a medical problem that needs fuller examination. e.g. Asthma, history of Epilepsy or Lung Disease.
For the Divemaster working outside the UK or for those not diving commercially.
As above medicals but with ECG and full lung function testing.
Freediving and Tech-diving Medicals
Two different medicals similar to the general medicals listed above but tailored for qualified freedivers or technical divers, or for those looking to qualify with any of the freediving or technical diving agencies. Tech-diving medical also includes ECG, audiometry and full lung function testing.
AS4005.1 (Australian Fit to Dive Medical)
For those who wish to dive in Australia and who need to be medically certified fit to dive.
For the Divemaster or Instructor qualification, Saturation Divers, Underwater Cameramen. It is the standard medical for anyone wishing to work as a diver in the UK. Valid for 12 months.
Includes the following:
- Full physical examination
- ECG and Post Exercise ECG
- Blood and Urine Tests
When you attend your first HSE medical, you need to bring a form countersigned by your GP proving you have no serious illnesses. Please download the form and print it off: Medical Questionnaire.
For divers who had their previous year's HSE medical with Dr Firth or who are able to bring in their last HSE medical from any other doctor.
These medicals can be booked by calling 020 7806 4028 or filling in this form.